Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Prediction: Amir Khan versus Marco Antonio Barrera

This is one fight I'm definitely waiting to see. The old warrior against the future prospect. This fight almost didn't happen because of a cut Barrera suffered in his last fight. I think this will be a very interesting fight and it's hard to predict a winner. I'll go out on a limb and say Khan by late TKO. I think that Freddie Roach will have Amir Khan ready for this one. I don't see Roach making a mistake at this point. I see Khan jabbing and focussing on defense. He will wear down the past his prime Barrera and eventually stop him late (10th or 11th round). I could be proven wrong if Barrera somehow brings back his old form which was legendary. His decision victory over Khan mentor Prince Naseem Hamed was magnificent. He virtually shunned Hamed's incredible power and controlled most of the fight. Amir Khan is a bit different from Hamed in that he has a better, smoother boxing style. Khan can jab and has a significant size, speed and reach advantage over Barrera. Can the veteran overcome the future prospect? I can't wait for the fight! Make sure to check back for my post fight analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment