Sunday, February 8, 2009

Did Georges St. Pierre Cheat Against B.J. Penn?

I know most of the media has played down the fact that Georges St. Pierre's corner man might have used Vaseline. It is not certain how it was applied at the moment and there is a pending complaint from the B.J. Penn camp. I must say that if St. Pierre did use it, then he should give Penn a rematch (assuming Penn wants it). The reason is that Vaseline would have given St. Pierre a big advantage against Penn's defense and specifically his strong guard. St. Pierre was able to break Penn's guard after the first round which is when they say the Vaseline was applied. In fact, he broke it with somewhat ease. Assuming he did use the Vaseline, I'm not saying he wouldn't have won anyway. I'm just saying that against a guy like Penn that gives you a huge unfair advantage. St. Pierre is a great athlete and a top MMA fighter who I don't think would ever intentionally cheat. However, if it is determined that there was any unfair advantage in the fight with Penn they should do it all over again. I know I'd watch it. Stay tuned for more commentary on this as we get more news.

No comments:

Post a Comment