Friday, April 10, 2009

Prediction: Winky Wright versus Paul Williams

Although we're 2 for 2 on predictions this year I see this one being very difficult to get right. Tomorrow night Winky Wright makes his return to the ring against Paul Williams. Wright has amassed an incredible career with close battles against some of the most fierce competitors in the sport. It's hard for me to pick against Wright but I see this one being very very close and I think Paul Williams will pull out the decision in the end. Wright is a smart veteran who will learn whatever he can from the Carlos Quintana fight that Paul Williams lost by decision. I still think Williams reach and speed will be enough to take a close decision from Wright. Winky will also be rusty after being out of the ring for over 20 months. I'm sure he's training hard and feels ready for this fight but he hasn't fought officially for so long that it will hurt him. Also, he's not getting any younger. That being said, Wright has shown he is still one of the best in the world in his last several fights and only inactivity has cost him. He will be ready and make this one a close fight but I see Paul Williams winning a close fight and moving on to greater things in the sport. Enjoy the fight tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment