Sunday, November 14, 2010

Manny Proves to be Truly Remarkable after Destroying Margarito

Bring on Floyd Mayweather! Manny Pacquiao just doesn't seem to let up - he was astounding against Margarito despite concerns that he didn't train hard enough. Max Kellerman said he thought Manny was a step off and got hit more often than he has before. I suppose, given his distractions, he had an excuse to be a step off but he still destroyed Margarito. Against someone like Mayweather I suspect there will be no distractions during training. If Mayweather is waiting for Manny to slow down or take too many shots to the head, I don't know if that is a good strategy. Manny is younger than Mayweather and he seems to be getting better and stronger at his natural weight of around 144 lbs. Assuming they fight at 147 lbs, I think Manny will have a decent edge in the fight. However, if I was Manny, I'd accept the drug testing but push for a catch weight of 145 lbs. I suspect Floyd who is smaller as well would be okay with that. If Floyd doesn't accept terms to fight Pacquaio, Manny should look to fight smaller, quicker more Floyd-like fighters like Timoth Bradley or Andre Berto (and do it at 144 or 145). Those fights could be huge once those fighters get another fight or two under their belts.

No comments:

Post a Comment